Thunderstorm Brings Heavy Rain and Flash Flooding to Hesperia?
Our local Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms, Victorville teams respond to storm damage emergencies 24 hours a day. Thunderstorms can bring powerful winds, lightning, heavy rain, and hail under the right conditions. When thunderstorms drop rain, it is not uncommon for flash flooding to occur in low-lying areas.
Here are some tips for staying safe during a flash flood warning from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
- When thunder roars, go indoors. A sturdy building is the safest place to be during a thunderstorm.
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of thunderstorms. Be ready to change plans, if necessary, to be near shelter.
- When you receive a thunderstorm warning or hear thunder, go inside immediately.
- If indoors, avoid running water or using landline phones. Electricity can travel through plumbing and phone lines.
- Protect your property. Unplug appliances and other electric devices.
- If boating or swimming, get to land and find a sturdy, grounded shelter or vehicle immediately.
- If necessary, take shelter in a car with a metal top and sides. Do not touch anything metal.
- Avoid flooded roadways. Turn Around Don’t Drown®. Just six inches of fast-moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Hesperia has heavy rain damage, our Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms, Victorville teams will restore your property damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 760-244-2566.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.