How Can I Keep My Pipes From Freezing in Hesperia?
Our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms respond to storm damage emergencies every year. Winter temperatures can drop below freezing in Hesperia, and if they remain below freezing for more than one day, the chances of having a frozen or burst pipe increase. Here are some tips for preventing frozen pipes from the American Red Cross:
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe, even at a trickle, helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, and set it to a temperature no lower than 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Call Us Today!
You never know when your pipes might freeze in your home or business. When you need storm damage restoration services, our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 760-244-2566.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.