How Long Does It Take For Water to Damage My Home in Barstow?
Do you know that water can cause serious damage to a structure in as little as one hour? Our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms respond to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a?water damage timeline?that describes the damage water can do over time:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
Call Us Today!
You never know when you’ll experience a water damage emergency damage your home or business in Barstow. When you need water damage mitigation and restoration services, our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 760-244-2566.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.