What Can I Do While Waiting for Help to Arrive When I Have a Flooded Kitchen Floor in Newberry Springs?
Our teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms have been restoring water damage in Newberry Springs for many years. Here are some tips from our website on things you can and should not do while waiting for professional help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after the removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place
- Hang furs and leather goods
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When you have a water damage emergency in your Newberry Springs home or commercial business, our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 760-244-2566.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.