Firepit Jumped to the Roof
SERVPRO of Hesperia /Apple Valley/Barstow/ Twentynine Palms responded to a major house fire in Victorville. The home was badly burnt throughout the majority of the inside and backyard, specifically along the common wall and roof. The fire originated from a gas line fueling a small fire pit, wreaking havoc along the wall, a conjoining garden, and the roof. Once the fire had reached the roof, the intense heat burned into the attic crawlspace, igniting and melting much of the duct work. The windows and sliding glass door were also super-heated to the point of first melting the vinyl stripping, and then causing the glass panes to burst. In this video, we show some of the destruction as well as the steps we have taken to begin restoring this home.