High Winds Cause Power Outage in Barstow?
Do you know what to do in the event of a power outage? Our teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms offer these helpful tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for protecting yourself during a power outage:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges
- Use alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or power-dependent medical devices
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling
- Check on neighbors
Having an emergency survival kit on hand in the event of an extended power outage is recommended by the American Red Cross and should include:
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- Extra batteries
- Family first aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Maps of the area
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Barstow has storm damage, our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms are Here to Help. ® We are on call 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, to serve you. Call us today at 760-244-2566.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.